2023 RDCR Symposium
June 18-21, 2022
Solstrand Hotel, Os, Norway
In it’s 11th year, the Trauma Hemostasis and Oxygenation Research (THOR) Network’s RDCR symposium’s focuses on pre-hospital management of life threatening hemorrhage, research improving the monitoring and treatment of hemorrhagic shock from trauma, and training methods to improve implementation of RDCR principles
Previous symposia have included an international group of both Military and Civilian leaders in trauma and resuscitation translational and basic research science, with over 100 representatives from 18 countries, and 4 continents attending.
The 2023 Symposium is organized by THOR in conjunction with the Norwegian Naval Special Operations Commando and is sponsored by the Norwegian Naval Special Operations Commando, the Norwegian Armed Forces Medical Services, and selected industry.
With over 40 international speakers and 50 lectures in sessions that inlcude:
- History of Blood Transfusion and Ukranian Experience
- Current Controversies in Prehostpital Treatment of Hemmorrhagic Shock
- Hemostatic Resuscitation and Trauma Induced Coagulopathy Science
- LTOWB and the Risks of Alloimmunication and Hemolytic Cisease of the Newboarn and Fetus
- History of Unexpected Survivors
- Current Controversies in the Treatment of Hemorrhagic Shock in Hostpital
- Whole Blood in Austere Environments nad for Emergnecy Preparedness
- Cold Weather Remote Damage Control Resuscitation
- Recent Changes in Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care and SOMSA Guidelines and Recommendations
- Metabolism Matters
- Transfusion and Futility
- Transfusion Medicine Lessons Learned
- Post Traumatic Pulmonary Thrombosis
- Pain Control in Prehospital Setting
- Noncompressible Hemorrhage
- Committee of the Chiefs of Military Medical Services
- This page is for registration of general attendees only.
- If you are a SPONSOR/INDUSTRY or SPEAKER/MODERATOR, please email email@example.com for a registration link.
- If you are member of the US Army MEDCOM please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, do NOT use this registration form. Please contact email@example.com for instructions.
NOTE: This year’s fee will include prepaying for three nights at the Solstrand Hotel, checking in on Sunday, June 18 and checking out on Wednesday, June 21. You will have the option to add Wednesday night during registration.
Which includes the following:
- Registration for conference
- Hotel checking in on Sunday, June 18 and checking out on Wednesday, June 21.
- Shared ground transportation from/to the Bergen Airport and the Solstrand Hotel
- All group meals during the conference
Please note that your conference fee is nonrefundable. If you need to cancel the hotel, you will be refunded the hotel charge of $775 if THOR is notified of cancelation before May 15, 2023.
The following meals are included in your CONFERENCE FEE:
- June 18: Reception Dinner
- June 19: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- June 20: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- June 21: Breakfast, Lunch
GETTING TO THE CONFERENCE
The appropriate airport to arrive is Bergen (BGO). The conference is in Os, Norway which is a 45-minutes outside of Bergen.
- The conference organizers will be providing periodic group shuttles from the airport to the hotel
- If you choose to rent a car at your own expense, there is free parking at the hotel.
- Taxis are available at your own expense (approx $110 each way).
- Current plans are to have a welcome reception at 18:00 on Sunday, June 18th.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
Weather: Historically, this conference has been incredibly lucky with unbelievably perfect weather, with sun and mild winds. This isn’t always the case for this season. So please check the weather reports
Dress code: Business casual. Military uniforms are optional.
Viking Swim Club: Plan on braving the cold water with an early morning fast dip into the North Sea led by the two THOR Co-founders
- Your conference fee of $950 is nonrefundable. Refunds of the hotel cost will be given up to May 15, 2023.
- To finalize your registration, you will need to pay for the conference fee with a credit card.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email regarding your registration within 24 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This registration link is for attendees only that are not representing an industry. If you are an industry representative or a sponsor or would like to have your industry sponsor the conference please contact email@example.com