2018 RDCR Symposium
June 17 – 20, 2018
Solstrand Hotel and Spa
These fees are for applicable for attendee registrations only. For information regarding sponsorship or speaker registration, please contact email@example.com.
CONFERENCE FEE: NOK 7500 (~US $905) to be paid upon registration
Included in your conference fee is the following:
- Registration for conference
- Ground transportation from/to the Bergen airport and the Solstrand Hotel
- All meals during the conference
- Dinner on June 17
Please note that your conference fee in nonrefundable.
IMPORTANT: The Solstrand does not have rooms available for the evening of June 20th. If you plan on staying in Norway past June 20th, you will need to make a reservation at a hotel in Bergen or elsewhere. We will be providing shuttle service to Airport on June 20th, where there are three airport hotel options. YOU MUST MAKE A RESERVATION FOR ANY OF THESE HOTELS ON YOUR OWN.
FOR THE NIGHTS OF JUNE 17-19:
Upon registration, a room at the Solstrand will be reserved for you with check out of June 20, unless you specify an eariler date. You will be responsible for paying for the room directly upon check out.
The Solstrand Hotel and Resort has many amenities and an amazing view the North Sea, Fjords and even glaciers. The amenities include a restaurant, bar, spa, indoor/outdoor pools, sauna. For more information, visit www.solstrand.com.
HOTEL FEE: Hotel charges are to be paid directly to the hotel upon checkout. Upon registration we will make a reservation for you at the conference hotel.
- June 17th: NOK 1570 (~US $187)
- June 18-20: NOK 1855 (~US $221per night)
FOR THE NIGHT OF JUNE 20:
We do have a block of rooms at the Airport Clarion in Bergen, which is physically next to the airport. To reserve a room, please follow these steps:
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate booking code: 006211
- Include your credit card number and expiration date
- or call +47 56100007.
CLARION AIRPORT BERGEN
Flyplassvegen 5515258 Blomsterdalen
Bergen , Norway
HOTEL FEE: Hotel charges are to be paid directly to the hotel upon checkout.
- Single room with breakfast – NOK 1390
- Double room with breakfast NOK 1490
The following meals are included in your CONFERENCE FEE:
- June 17: Dinner
- June 18: Lunch, Dinner
- June 19: Lunch, Dinner
- June 20: Lunch
A full breakfast buffet is included in your hotel fee.
BRINGING A GUEST
The Solstrand is an amazing resort overlooking the North Sea. If you choose to bring a guest to the conference, you will be responsible for paying the hotel charges directly for your guest(s). Please know that in Norway, additional guests in the same room are charged an additional NOK1000 per person. Lunches and dinner will need to be paid directly to the hotel.
Additional Guest prices for hotel
- Room and breakfast – NOK 630, per day
- Room, breakfast and dinner NOk 950,- per day (half board)
- Room, Breakfast, lunch and dinner NOK 1350,- per day (full board)
GETTING TO THE CONFERENCE
The conference is in Os, Norway, which is a 45-minute drive from the airport in Bergen. You will want to arrange for air travel to Flesland Airport, Bergen (BGO).
- There is a special dinner scheduled for the evening of June 17 is scheduled for 18:00 so please plan your air travel accordingly if you plan on attending the dinner.
- THOR will provide a shuttle from the airport so it is important that you notify us of your travel itinerary.
- There is free parking at the conference hotel if you choose to rent a car.
EXTENDING YOUR STAY
Please note that the Conference Hotel is NOT available for lodging on the evening of June 20 onward. You will be responsibie for booking a hotel for yourself in Bergen or elsewhere if needed. If you would like to arrvie earlier than June 17, please check with the hotel directly for nightly rate if you would like to extend your stay after the conference or early arrival. Solstrand Hotel +47 56 57 11 00 email@example.com
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
Weather: Historically, this conference has been incredibly lucky with unbelievably perfect weather, with sun and mild winds. This isn’t always the case for this season. So please check the weather reports
Dress code: Business casual. Military uniforms are optional.
Viking Swim Club: Plan on braving the cold water with an early morning fast dip into the North Sea led by the two THOR Co-founders
- The RDCR Symposium is invitation only. If you would like to inquire about availability, please use the contact form below.
2018 RDCR Symposium
June 18-20, 2018
Solstrand Hotel and Spa
More information forthcoming.